• INCLUDES A HORTILUX LU1000 SUPER HPS BULB
• CLEAN COOL TECHNOLOGY
• LOW FREQUENCY, SQUARE WAVE FORM
• CONFORMS TO ANSI STANDARDS
• ENGINEERED BY EXPERTS IN LAMP-BALLAST COMPATIBILITY
• FULL 5 YEAR BALLAST WARRANTY
• 1000W 120/240 volt Electronic Ballast
• 120V cord
• HORTILUX LU1000B/HTL/EN Super HPS lamp
• Designed by experts in lamp-ballast compatibility to operate 1000W HORTILUXTM lamps (Supers HPS, BLUE & Metal halide)
• Superior Performing design - Made in Japan
• Clean CoolTM Technology channels airflow to reduce dirt & dust accumulation on critical electronic components (Patent Pending JP201162403)
• 5 years of product development and testing ensures performance & reliability
• 120 Hertz, Low Frequency Square Wave
• ETL Certified in the USA & Canada for fire and electrical safety
• High Power Factor
• Flicker-Free steady state operation
• Extended ground contact in lamp plug for maximum safety
• Generator Ready
• 10% energy savings over conventional magnetic ballasts
• Remote ballasts capable, maximum 15 feet
I have a 1000W ballast, can I use a 400W or 600W bulb in it?
As a general rule, ballasts can only be used with bulbs that are of the same wattage rating. A 1000W ballast can only be used with a 1000W bulb, a 400W with a 400W, etc. The one exception is the Xtrasun "Dial-a-Watt" ballasts (XTEDW-), which are meant to be used with the same wattage bulb as the dimmed setting (for example, use a 600W bulb when dimmed to 600W, etc.).
Can an HPS ballast be used to power a metal halide bulb?
This is never recommended, the ballast and bulb type (wattage and HID bulb type) must match. Convertible ballasts, however, can be switched between MH and HPS modes. There is also the option of using a conversion bulb. This is a bulb that is designed to produce a MH spectrum on a HPS ballasts, or vice versa. Phantom digital ballasts can ignite HPS or MH bulbs, except for the 750W model, which is meant only for HPS.
Are my ballasts Generator-Ready?
All of the ballasts we sell are generator-ready. Generator ready ballasts include: Xtrasun ballasts, Phantom ballasts, Phantom II ballasts, Quantum ballasts