Hydrologic MicRO RO System, 75 GPD
Micro sized, portable reverse osmosis system. Entry level, economical solution. 75 gallons per day. Includes KDF/carbon pre-filter and 75 GPD membrane. Also comes with garden hose connector, 1/4" shut off valve, and pressure gauge. Features 2:1 drain to product water ratio for maximum efficiency.
• Replaceable carbon pre-filter (more earth friendly and affordable to change only the filter not the entire housing)
• KDF85 media added into carbon pre-fiter (for chloramines and heavy metal reduction)
• USA made high rejection RO membrane
• Metal bracket (so filter is stable on a flat surface or can be wall mounted)
• Integrated pressure gauge with safe zones
• ASOV (automatic shut off valve so drain line shuts down when product line is shut down)
• External flow restrictor for 2:1 drain to product water ratios
Is tap water bad for my garden?
Tap water is not necessarily bad for the garden, however it may contain chlorine and possibly chloramine which are very detrimental to organic gardening and beneficial microbial activity. If using beneficial organisms or organic nutrients in your garden, it is recommended that you filter your water source with either a dechlorinating filter or reverse osmosis system.
How do I determine if my water source is considered "hard"?
Hard water is generally considered anything that registers above 300 PPM on a TDS reading, before nutrients are added. If your water is within this range by + or - 10 PPM, it is recommended that you filter with a reverse osmosis system.