Micro sized, portable reverse osmosis system. Entry level, economical solution. 75 gallons per day. Includes KDF/carbon pre-filter and 75 GPD membrane. Also comes with garden hose connector, 1/4" shut off valve, and pressure gauge. Features 2:1 drain to product water ratio for maximum efficiency.
• Replaceable carbon pre-filter (more earth friendly and affordable to change only the filter not the entire housing)
• KDF85 media added into carbon pre-fiter (for chloramines and heavy metal reduction)
• USA made high rejection RO membrane
• Metal bracket (so filter is stable on a flat surface or can be wall mounted)
• Integrated pressure gauge with safe zones
• ASOV (automatic shut off valve so drain line shuts down when product line is shut down)
• External flow restrictor for 2:1 drain to product water ratios
Is tap water bad for my garden?
Tap water is not necessarily bad for the garden, however it may contain chlorine and possibly chloramine which are very detrimental to organic gardening and beneficial microbial activity. If using beneficial organisms or organic nutrients in your garden,
How do I determine if my water source is considered "hard"?
Hard water is generally considered anything that registers above 300 PPM on a TDS reading, before nutrients are added. If your water is within this range by + or - 10 PPM, it is recommended that you filter with a reverse osmosis system.
Why is my new RO system not lowering the ppm of my water?
Double check the membrane insert(s) are pushed all the way into the plastic membrane housing(s). This can be a little tricky and you have to push hard.
Why does the drain water continue to flow after the float valve has shut?
If this is happening, there are three probable causes: 1) The float isn't shutting off the product flow sufficiently. Hold up the float with your hand--if it shuts off within one minute, the float is not shutting off the flow, and should be replaced.
How do I remove the cap to the membrane housing?
First remove the tubing from the Quick Connect fitting. To do this, make sure all pressure is off the fitting, then press on the collet with your thumbnail (or a similar tool). Then pull the tubing out. To reinstall, make sure tubing is cut flat, then jus
Does the PX1 controller interface with other Hydrofarm lighting products?
At this time, the PX1 controller is only compatible with Phantom 40 series & 50 series ballasts with a USB feature. However, there are plans on being developed for expanding compatibility to other Hydrofarm ballast models in the future.