Keep your cool as summer heats up with the Active Air Portable Air Conditioner, available exclusively from Hydrofarm. This air conditioner’s portability makes it ideal for growers who don’t want to invest in pricey ductwork or central AC installation, and those who require spot cooling between 62 and 95 degrees in rooms no larger than 100 square feet, with a standard ceiling height of 8 feet. (NOTE: Use in gardening applications should be limited to rooms with no more than (2) 1000W air-cooled lighting systems.)
Move the air conditioner on its four sturdy casters and enjoy remote-controlled operation. This is a “smart” system—its built-in memory function works with all of your environmental controllers (such as Hydrofarm’s new Autopilot line) and timers. Rounding out the features are a built-in condensation tray, window kit, exhaust hose, intake hose, and hose adaptors. Take control of your cool!
- 14,000 BTU/h cooling capacity
- Works with timers or controllers (internal battery for memory)
- ETL listed (ETL no. 4002656)
- Operate using 3-speed control panel
- Side-to-side air distribution improves cooling performance and energy efficiency
- Built-in condensation tray, with option of continuous drain (1/2" outlet in back)
- Extendable intake and exhaust hoses (up to 6'), 6" diameter
- Double pipe airflow for superior energy efficiency
- Four casters make moving easy
- 6 foot power cord
- Includes remote control, window kit, exhaust hose, intake hose, and hose adaptors
- 115V/60 Hz
- 11.7 A/1340W
How large of a grow room will this air conditioner sufficiently cool?
This air conditioner unit is recommended for use in a room no larger than a 10'L x 10'W x 8'H with a maximum of (2) 1000W AIR-COOLED lighting systems.
What fans can I use a fan speed controller with?
Speed controllers will work with brushless motors, such as the ones commonly used with inline centrifugal fans. Do not use speed controllers with cage blowers, booster fans, or oscillating fans.
What fan speed controller should I use?
We recommend using our C.A.P. (CAVSC-DNE) for precise temperature control and superior performance. This Variable Fan Speed Controller is designed to gradually increase or decrease the speed of centrifugal fans depending on the day or night temperature set points. Do not use this controller with fan in excess of 350 watts, cage blowers, booster fans or oscillating fans. Another option is the Active Air fan speed controller (ACSC). This controller allows the user to control the speed of the fan by the turn of a dial. Meant for use with brushless motors, and all Hydrofarm inline fans. Do not use speed controllers with cage blowers, booster fans, or oscillating fans.