Keep your cool as summer heats up with the Active Air Portable Air Conditioner, available exclusively from Hydrofarm. This air conditioner’s portability makes it ideal for growers who don’t want to invest in pricey ductwork or central AC installation, and those who require spot cooling between 62 and 95 degrees in rooms no larger than 100 square feet, with a standard ceiling height of 8 feet. Use in gardening applications should not exceed (2) 1000W air-cooled lighting systems. Move the air conditioner on its four sturdy casters and enjoy remote-controlled operation. This is a “smart” system – its built-in memory function works with all of your environmental controllers (such as Hydrofarm’s new Autopilot line) and timers. Rounding out the features are a built-in condensation tray, window kit, exhaust hose, intake hose, and hose adaptors. Take control of your cool!
- 14,000 BTU/h cooling capacity
- Works with timers or controllers (internal battery for memory)
- ETL listed (ETL no. 4002656)
- Operate using 3-speed control panel
- Side-to-side air distribution improves cooling performance and energy efficiency
- Built-in condensation tray, with option of continuous drain (1/2" outlet in back)
- Extendable intake and exhaust hoses (up to 6'), 6" diameter
- Double pipe airflow for superior energy efficiency
- Four casters make moving easy
- 6 foot power cord
- Includes remote control, window kit, exhaust hose, intake hose, and hose adaptors
- 11.7 amps / 1340 watts
How large of a grow room will this air conditioner sufficiently cool?
This air conditioner unit is recommended for use in a room no larger than a 10'L x 10'W x 8'H with a maximum of (2) 1000W AIR-COOLED lighting systems.
What fans can I use a fan speed controller with?
Our fan speed controller (ACSC) will work with brushless motors, such as the ones commonly used with inline centrifugal fans. Do not use with blowers, booster fans, oscillating fans, etc.